Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Back to life, back to reality....

Hey all!  Yes, I have been MIA for a bit.  I just needed a mental break.  My babies were gone for ten days and quite frankly, I am just not "me" without them.  Don't get me wrong, the time with my hubby was wonderful.  BUT....we missed those little cuties SO much!  I am the type of person that just can't "sit around".  I am always on the go.  I don't sit down at night until the kids are in bed.  Well.... unless I am snuggling with them, watching the boob tube! :)

 
:)
 
 
:)


Today is my first day back from vacation. We got home at about 5:00 yesterday.  As soon as we got home, I had to get the kiddos ready for school.  WHAT?!??!  Yep, they go year round and we actually missed the first 4 days.  That was bad planning on my part....oopsie!  Oh well!  I also had to hit the grocery store for a few things.  HA!  Those few items cost me a whopping $155! YIKES! Then it was pack lunches and get uniforms out.  I tell you what, I am not ready for this! Homework and lunches just add extra work...lol  Of course Liv was up at 6 am, raring to go.  She could not wait for her first day!  Drew was still missing Grandma and Papa. :(  He even slept with a picture of Grandma last night.  He is seriously the sweetest most lovable little boy.  Liv is super sweet and lovable as well, but she isn't a snuggler, like her big brother! When they were babies, Liv would eat her bottle and want to go straight to bed.  Drew on the other hand, wanted to be fed in my arms and fell asleep there, each night.  I am still amazed at how different they are.  I love that they are both independent with their own "special" qualities! :)


                                     She seriously wakes up this happy almost every day!!


 
                           My babies have the BEST daddy ever!!  He is such a loving and playful daddy!
 
 
 
                                                            Lu Lu playing in the sand. :)



                                     My lovely running partner in Grandma's black socks...lol
 
 
 
 
 
                                                          She is seriously part fish!


     
                                                                  My cool dude!!!


 

                                        The kids must have done this 124578975849 times!!!




                               Jacuzzi time with my little man!  He is a mama's boy and I love it!!!
 


                 These two keep me and my health in check.  I MUST stay on track to be a good example!!



                          My daddy still represents the IL State Police when he is drinking by the pool...lol








 
 
 
                                    The one man that has ALWAYS stood by my side, no matter what!




                              Only pic I was able to get of my mama!  Oops, it's of her butt...lol :)




                                                           Me and my Drew-man!



                                                 
                                                   This skinny Minnie eats ALL DAY!!




                                Ray and his fake smile...lol!  He hates when I take his picture!


So now that I am back from vacation, I am really excited about getting back at the fitness game!  Never thought that would happen. I mean the old me, would have gone hog wild with my eating on vacation and then come back and pouted about it.  You know, feel sorry for myself but do nothing about it!  Well this time is WAY different. I am so excited to do my workouts.  Holy Crap did Hell freeze over?!?!?  Nope, it's too dam hot! :)

I was actually very good on vacation, but noticed when I did eat out of my norm, I felt like shit!  I also started running on vacation.  I did like it!  BUT....that is probably because I got to do it first thing and then jump straight in the pool, to cool me off.  Yeah, that won't be happening here.  My goals for the next 4 weeks are as follows:

1. Eat clean 5-6 days a week, all meals.  I notice I get much better ab definition when I eat clean.  When I eat stuff that has lots of preservatives, I get all bloated and that damn "food baby" appears, way too often!

2. Do 50 weighted crunches, 50 weighted squats and 50 push-ups, 5-6 days a week.   I am really starting to see some great things happening with my legs, so I want to kick it up a notch! Now if only I could have the loose skin thigh fairy, come cut the extra skin off! I HATE IT!  But, it is better than having them rub together!  I won't lie, it was so nice to run in the heat and not get chafed.

3. Ripped in 30, for the whole 4 weeks.  Taking one day off a week.

4. Do some extra weight training.  I want to really get my arms in better shape.  They are OK....But I want GREAT!

5. Run or walk, 3-5 days a week.  I would like to get this part done in the early am.  I am shooting for some 6 am runs.  I live by a beautiful park so this is definitely doable!

6. Lastly, blog about all of this.  So many of you wonderful readers, follow me for these type of posts.  So anyone that wants to join in on my little challenge, let me know!  We can keep each other motivated and in check.  I will take before and after photos as well.


Wish me luck!!!


                                                               XO,
                                                               Lori





                                           Side note about Lori....I am deathly afraid of frogs! So check out this little f*cker!  Eeeek!!!  My parents pool cage, would have teeny ones on the outside every day.  Even those little boogers scared me.  Yep, I am a puss! :-)
                                                       

11 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a blast! Glad you got some R & R and family time. ICK on the frog. I will punch anyone who comes near me with those nasty things - even my pastor. Sorry, but not sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Glad you're back! I missed your blog posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Glad you're back :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweetie your son sounds like. Sleeping with grandmas picture!! I love it!
    Looks like an awesome vacation! Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're such an inspiration!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always feel like I need a vacation from my vacation. Looks like such a great time! I have always wanted to take a beach vacation. But I get too antsy. One time we went to the Bahamas for a wedding and after laying on the beach for two days I was about ready to pull out all of my hair.

    I need to busy. Crazy, I know!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We you at the Tradewinds on St. Pete Beach?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow you are amazing. It looks like you had a great vacation. I love the year round school schedule idea. I feel the same way when my kiddos are all gone , especially Ella. It's like part of me is missing. xoxo

    ReplyDelete