Monday, March 18, 2013

It FINALLY happened....

Well this weekend was a first for me!  I went to Target, to get the kiddos some last minute things for vaca and I tried on some bikinis.  See I do NOT try on swimsuits at stores.  I mean hello, icky fluorescent lighting that show every freaking ounce of my cottage cheese looking cellulite! OH HELL NO!  I prefer to order them online and critique my ass in private!  BUT...my little Livi Lou begged me to try it on.  SO...I grabbed some kini's (as she calls them) and we headed in to that dreadful dressing room.  I took a deep breath, said a prayer and started to take off my clothes.  Of course Liv was wandering just why I had to take off my bra but leave on my undies.  Oh and she says ALL of this with more of an "outside" voice, instead of an "inside" voice.  Like they say...out of the mouths of babes!  SO...first one goes on, it is the mint one seen below. I ordered this online and thought I might as well try it on, so then I know if I like it.  First thing out of Liv's mouth, "wow, your boobies look small".  Ummm.....SOLD!  Good thing I tried it on, I ordered the pants in a size too big.  I still can't get used to being a smaller size. :)




OK one down, 2 more to go! Next one on was a neon lime and black string bikini.  Liv loved it, I just wasn't feeling it.  It was too neon, for my liking.  So now it was time for number 3, the black little fringe #.  This one scared me!  The top was a large, I have NEVER EVER worn a large in a bikini top.  I am usually the xxl or xl, at Old Navy.  I decided I best say another pray before taking the plunge.  OMG, it fit!!!!!!!!!  And it makes my tatas look pretty darn good!  Liv was in love with this one.  She said I HAD to get it.  This coming from the child that told me I looked like a "picnic" in a shirt I tried on at Old Navy.  It was orange and white checked.  So Liv is not one to hold back, obviously! :o)  Another thing I notice about this whole experience, was that I did not feel uncomfortable, looking in the mirror. I actually "saw" my hard work.  This has never happened either.  Usually I want to barf before I even get the thing on!  I noticed my abs and my legs looked "firmer".  And you all know I hate my legs.  I actually saw what I think was some muscle and LESS flabby skin/cellulite.  Now maybe it was just good lighting????  If in fact it was, please don't tell me, I want to enjoy this NSV, for just a tad bit longer. :)
 
Once again, this lovely NSV just motivated me to go work out!  A year ago, I swear all this would have done is given me the "OK" to go have a fat day and eat shit!  So you can't beat that!  I mean I get a lovely new "pretty" and the gusto to go kick some fat's ass!  I have 2 weeks until we leave for Florida.  I am definitely going to kick it up a notch!  I will be doing 2 a days for 6 days, no matter what!  The kiddos left this morning with Grandma, so I have no excuses.  I will get one done in the am, most likely Shred or Ripped.  Then I will do the other one, the moment I get home from work.  Hope you all had a great weekend!
 
xo,
Lori
 

10 comments:

  1. Love it! You look amazing =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hot damn Mama! You will makes all the men stare at the beach! :) And Liv sounds like the funniest and most honest shopping buddy. my 2 year old uses the "not so inside" voice too when she screams "Mommy poopoo" in a public restroom. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl you look amazing! You rock that kini, your little one is right!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found your blog through Bloglovin. You look awesome! I love the fringe swimsuit! What is your name on IG, I'd love to follow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!! Love that swimsuit and you look like a hot mama!! You always do anyway :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look amazing and so do your legs! I want both suits, the mint ruffle and the fringe!! I'm being a copy cat! HAHA

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look great!

    And I swear my daughter gets louder when we enter a dressing room. Too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  8. God Damn lady, looking good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YOU LOOK AMAZING!!! I LOVE that bikini!!!

    ReplyDelete