Monday, June 10, 2013

Motivation Monday!!

MotivationMonday
 
 
Happy Monday, everyone!!!  Ummm....wasn't I just at work??? I swear the weekends just fly! 
 
I am back linking up with some amazing and beautiful ladies, for Motivation Monday!
 
I get asked a lot, "how do you stay motivated"? So I thought I would touch on a few things, that keep me motivated. 
 
1.  My past.  I just don't EVER want to go back to the way I used to feel.  It honestly isn't about the way I looked, because I always made the best with what I had.  I still tried to dress appropriately for my size and I was still an outgoing girl.  BUT...I was so unhappy.  Seriously, I was miserable.  If you were to ask people, if they knew this, they would most likely tell you no.  I hid it well.  The big difference now, my outside and my inside, match.  I am happy mentally and physically.  So if I am feeling blah and unmotivated, I try and focus on just how far I have come.
 
 
 
 
2. Pictures!!  I know I have said this before, but seriously, pictures of ME, keep ME, motivated.  I am not some self-absorbed weirdo that likes to look at herself, AT ALL!!  But when I put an old pic of me, next to a new pic of me, it keeps me going.  It shows me how far I have come.  AND...it shows me just what I am capable of.  I also see a sparkle in my eye now, and a truly genuine smile.  Not because I think I look good, it's because I FEEL good!  I have so much more energy  now, at 41, than I ever did at 21.  So if you are on a journey to get fit, TAKE PICTURES!!  Especially if you are still addicted to the devil, I mean the scale.  Pictures are worth a thousand words.  The scale might not be moving, but look to see if you can find definition that wasn't there before.  Or maybe your muffin top is smaller.  Look for ab definition, I bet it's there.  Just take an old pic and put it side by side, with a new one.  I use Pic stitch.  I am NOT kidding, this will motivate you! 
 
 
 
3.  Number 3 goes hand in hand with #2.  REWARDS!!  Oh yes, you must reward yourself for all your hard work.  Now these rewards do not only need to be for the scale going down or your pants getting smaller.  Reward yourself for things like, sticking to a goal you set.  Like these past few weeks, I have been eating clean at least 5 days a week.  I have been doing better than I ever expected, so I am going to reward myself with some new workout clothes!!
 
 
 
4.  My IG and blog Buddies.  Yep, you ALL motivate me and keep me inspired.  I am human and have MANY days when I just don't want to workout.  So what do I do, I get on IG and check out people's workout pics and that motivates my, unmotivated ass, to get to steppin!!  This seriously happens weekly!  You all keep me in check. 
 






These are just a few!!  Believe me, I stalk ALL OF YOU!!!  And that is over 1300 peeps! :)
 
 
 
5.  My babies!  A few years ago, I was back to old habits and miserable.  My babies deserve a happy and healthy mommy.  Not a mommy that focuses on her weight, 24/7.  And they certainly don't deserve a mommy that has bad eating habits. I need to be an example for them....a good one.  I want them to grow up with healthy eating habits and knowing that along with eating healthy, means healthy exercise habits.  And they see this 6 days a week in our home.  Yep, when mama is sweating her boobs off, to JM or Jill Coleman!  To them, it's just a normal part of life.  As it should be! :)
 
 
 
I hope you all have a fabulous Monday and the week ahead, is full of motivation and inspiration!  Don't ever doubt for one second, that each and everyone of you are inspiring and motivating someone, right this second!!
 
XO,
Lori
 

8 comments:

  1. I completely understand the motivation that comes from never wanting to be where you were again! Your story has been such an inspiration to me. You are absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes the IG pics are great motivation! You definitely deserve some new workout clothes also! I loved that photo you posted yesterday. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love reading stuff like this because it really keeps me motivated. I lost 115 pounds myself and I am ALWAYS looking for ways to stay movtivated:)

    www.afternoonswithyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Program is a popular key to a team's success. A blog should reveal the real meat of some company, an specialized view.

    Here is my blog - STRONA GŁÓWNA

    ReplyDelete
  6. And you motivate all of us! You look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Through MMA your kids receive plenty of exercise.

    So let's have a search about how to make security to the sensitive information.

    My blog homepage

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations for your ongoing success!!! you look amazing!!!
    I do have a question...why did increasing your calories help you lose weight?

    ReplyDelete