On IG, this past week, a lot of people were listing 20 random things about themselves, me included. So it gave me an idea for a blog post. I thought I would share 20 random things about my weight loss. Some will be kinda funny and some might be considered sad. BUT....they are all a part of me!
1. When I was in junior high, I weighed 210+ pounds and couldn't do any of the things we needed to, for the President's Physical Fitness Test. It was beyond embarrassing, and I was made fun of...A LOT. Gee you think the effing short shorts and tank tops, had something to do with it!
2. I am the only one in my entire family, that has EVER had a weight problem. I have 2 stunning sisters that are not only beautiful, but naturally thin. Those skinny things could eat whatever they wanted...bitches!! :o)
3. I used to be a size 38DDD. Oh yes, just call me Dolly Parton. Funny thing...I share a birthday with Dolly. Hmmmm... I am now a 34C, but wear a 34D minimizer, due to the loose skin in my tatas!
4. The first a-ha purchase for me, when I lost weight was a pair of Guess Jeans. They were sized 1-4, 4 being the biggest. To say I SQUEEZED into the size 4 (biggest size) would be an understatement. I had to lie down to get them zipped. But in my mind, I hit a goal and NSV!
5. I used to have to stop, when running, after only about 3 minutes. I would be so winded and my thighs would rub together and cause a big nasty rash. Now...I can run a mile in 9 minutes without any problem.
6. I lost the bulk of my weight by simply walking. I started at a slow and steady pace, for 20 minutes and worked my way up to a fast paced, power walk, for 30 minutes. Walking is one of the best things you can do, when trying to lose weight. It's easy on the joints and will get those pounds off!
7. I used to do Jane Fonda and Richard Simmons workout videos. Oh boy was this a fun time! Jane was like JM and Richard, well he was fun! Unfortunately, I think I just ate after those workouts.
8. I used to eat the 2 cheeseburger and fries, value meal, at McDonald's, and still be hungry after.
9. I have been on every fad diet known to man! I did slim fast, the hot dog diet, the cabbage soup diet, the Atkins diet (for one second), the grapefruit diet, the starve yourself diet, the binge and purge diet...and so on. NOT ONE OF THEM, ever worked!
10. I used to want to be thin, so I could have a boyfriend. Yep, I sure did. This is why I did all those stupid diets. HA! What the heck was I thinking!
11. Growing up, I ALWAYS wore a t-shirt over my swimsuit. I was a size women's 14, while my friends were still in kids sizes. My mom would let me get the "miracle suit" in hopes that I could hide my fat. Pretty sure, that didn't work.
12. I used to get mooed at, called fat ass, disgusting pig, Shamu, beached whale, Porky the Pig, the funny one with the pretty face, to name a few.
13. One time at a restaurant, I was with my ex and two of the waitresses, were snickering at me, calling me fat, saying "why is he with HER". What did my ex do, told them I was his friend. Yep, he sure the hell did.
14. I wouldn't go para sailing because I didn't want to tell them my weight. They had to know, and would then radio it, to the boat driver. Yep, I was just too ashamed.
15. I was never picked for teams in PE. I was always the last one. Even my own friends, wouldn't pick me.
16. One time, in softball, after I lost a few pounds, my coach said, "wow, you aren't as fat anymore". Yep, a grown ass man, at a Christian School, said this to me, in front of everyone.
17. I could eat an entire Tombstone pizza, bag of Doritos and big ass soda, and still be hungry! This was my go to meal, when no one was home to see me eat it.
18. When I first lost weight, SO many people said this to me, "wow, I didn't realize how tall you were".
19. I have stretch marks on my stomach, boobs, hips and inner thighs, back of my arms, and they have all been there, since my early teen years.
20. I don't know what size clothes I got up to, because in the end, I only wore elastic pants/skirts and big shirts.
Being overweight is hard on so many levels. It can beat you down, take away your confidence, your self worth and your pride. It hides many a smile and brings many tears. BUT...you can defeat it. You can wake up, say, "I AM DONE" and never look back. I know this, because that is what I did. It took me a good 2 years, to lose 75 pounds.
The other 40 pounds, came off in the next 5-10 years. But you know what, it stayed off, because slow and steady wins the race. YOU....have to want it, for the right reasons. Only YOU can convince YOU, that YOU are ready. You can look to others for motivation and inspiration, but at the end of the day, you are in control. You will cry, you will cuss, you will say f*ck this, more times than you can count. BUT...that is ALL a part of the journey. You have to go through the motions and FEEL, every single emotion, known to man. You will hit plateaus, you will not see the scale move for weeks or even months. BUT....it will all work itself out. Don't use "Haters" as your motivators, use yourself. Prove to the old you, that the new you, is one tough cookie! Tell that old you, buh-bye for good. But take with you, all that you have learned. Don't change that inner you, tweak it a bit, but don't let being "thin" make you into something you aren't.