OK some might be saying, "did she really just say that". Why yes, yes, I did! Here are the top ten things that piss me off about losing weight.
1. I have had to spend a shit ton of money on new jeans. And not just recently. First I must tell you that I have a slight addiction to designer jeans. NOT because I think they are cool. NOT. AT. ALL. They are actually jeans that "fit" me and my figure. I have tried so many times to fit into jeans at Old Navy or Gap or even Macy's. UGH....they just don't fit!! My first pair of True Religion Jeans were a size 31, I now wear a 27....yep, you do the math. That is A LOT of money wasted! Why didn't I just wait????? I have had to do that with about 4 different brands...
2. I have had to spend way too much money on over the shoulder boulder holders! I used to be a 38DDD. Damn girl, that is a lot of D's! And the worst part, they aren't even "cute" or "sexy". They are matronly minimizer bras. My loose skinned 34 D's just don't hold up in designs by Vicky and her Secrets!
3. UNDERWEAR!!!! OMG I never imagined I would have to buy new thongs. Oh yes, I am a thong wearer. Wore them even when I was pregnant. And yes, my labor and delivery nurse/mother lectured me on this! OK can I just be frank with all of you???? Yes.....Thanks! When your thong is too big, you get what I call, the "lip slip". Yep, I went there. TMI! Nothing like having an ill fitting thong on and have all your lady bits start to come out! YIKES! Target her we come!!! I have had enough of that slip, thank you very much!
4. This past year, I have had to buy ALL new bikini bottoms. Ticks me off because I buy separates. So now I have about 30 bikini tops with no bottoms. (yeah I have a problem, I know). And...they will never have matches. Too hard to find ones to match exactly. The tops I can make work, because they are string. But the bottoms make it look like I took a poo in my bikini. And....the whole baggy crotch thing, strikes again!
5. Loose skin. Yeah, that is pretty much a given. It could be way worse. BUT...I still don't like it. The inner thighs are the worst. Just absolutely no way to tone that up. I have done all the toning I can. AND...I refuse to have skin removal surgery because that would mean a huge scar up both legs. Just not worth it.
6. I really hate that people say, "you have lost a lot of weight recently, are you trying or are you sick". Ummm....I am just trying to be healthy and fit. Just the other day one of my bosses said, "now don't go get all anorexic on us". REALLY?!?!?! Did you just say that in a lobby full of people!?
7. Even though I have lost weight and am the thinnest I ever thought imaginable, I still see the old me, in the mirror, on most days. I will even scroll down IG and see a pic and not even realize it is me. I don't know why this is. But believe me, if I could change it, I would!
8. SOME people have assumed that I now think I am too cool for school, because I have lost weight. NOPE, not at all! If anything all it has made me is much more compassionate and gives me such a strong desire to help others, get to where I have. I love meeting people and helping them in anyway I can. I know how unbelievably hard it can be, to be on this journey. It is so nice to be friends with SO many amazing people who have been in my shoes. It's a special bond we will always share.
9. One thing I just can't get used to....attention from men. UGH...I just don't like it. It seriously creeps me out. I am not sure if it stems from all the negative attention, I used to get, or not. But when a man hits on me, I cringe. I want to crawl in a hole and die!
10. Now this one is a beaut! When I am working out, I can hear my loose skin flap in the wind, as I am doing certain moves. OMG I F*CKING HATE IT! Nothing like doing jumping jacks, and you hear your inner thighs, doing their own version. Or when I am doing certain boxing moves, my arms do their own! It has pissed me off enough, that at times, I will stop my DVD and go put on pants, tight ones, to hold that shit in. Maybe this is why I still refuse to step foot in a gym. And the weird thing is, no one is even there with me, to hear it. So why do I care, not sure. But it gets on my nerves so bad. Like I seriously get pissed off at my skin. I won't lie, I have told it to F off. Yep, I carry on full, one sided conversations with my own skin.
Thank you for letting me get that off my chest. Yes, the benefits of losing weight are SO much more, than the negatives. But I just wanted to be real with you all. I may be at my ideal weight and in the best shape of my life, but it doesn't mean I am 100% happy, all the time. :) I try, just sometimes, we gotta bitch!