Happy New Year, everyone! As you can see, I took a break from blog land! Today I want to touch on some goals I have set for me, this upcoming year!
1. Complete p90x3 by March 27th! So far I am right on track.
2. Give up ALL artificial sweeteners. This might be a tough one. I use it in my coffee and oatmeal, so some withdrawals will most likely take place. Today was my first day with out any in my oatmeal and I did OK! BUT....I already gave up soda which wasn't hard at all.
3. Do the Dr. Oz rapid weight loss diet. There is a reason for this one. Not only do I have a beach wedding to attend, in February, but I have some exciting things going on, that I can't quite share, just yet. But it involves having my picture taken. :o)
4. Drink hot water and lemon on the regular.
5. Save lots and lots of money! I have already started this and I am following the 52 week savings program that Holly spoke about.
6. Stop buying clothes. I have a closet full of clothes and do NOT need anymore. Want more, yes, but NEED, no. Same with jeans. I think I am at the smallest size I ever will be, so things should be A OK!
7. Stick to a grocery budget and meal plan. I slack on this A LOT. But need to stick with it. The amount of money you can save when eating at home and sticking to a grocery list is significant!
8. Go on a romantic beach vacation with Ray. This year we will celebrate ten years of marriage. We have been through a lot so I feel we deserve this. :)
9. Girls trip this spring or summer!! Just a nice long weekend like the one we had in Chicago. I think we all need this. I also want to get Ray to take a little mini vaca with his buddies. Again, we ALL need little breaks from life, to rejuvenate.
10. Finish my household "projects". I have lots of furniture just waiting to get a makeover. I just kinda bribed my girl Jenni to help with this. I offered her wine and food!
11. Communicate better with my kids. I try VERY hard to never lose my cool, but it happens. I don't want to yell anymore. I need to also work on following through with discipline. I have come a long way, but I think I am still a work in progress. I need to stop saying, "if you do that one more time, you are in your room" and then not follow through with it. I think this will help us all behave better!
12. Spend less time on social media. Facebook is not an issue, I am so not a fan of it anymore. I only post pics of my kiddos, pretty much. But I need to stay off IG at night. I need to just enjoy my family in the evenings. They are my priority!
13. Run a 5k. I have wanted to do this for years, but keep putting it off. So I hope this is the year, that I can mark it off my bucket list!
14. Try and give up coffee. See how I put TRY. I want to switch to green tea. So we shall see. I am just trying to do all the things that help with stomach bloat. Because let me tell you, artificial shit, bloats me like a big fat pig!
15. Disney in the fall! Sorry but I bleed Disney. It is 100% a part of my DNA. Ray on the other hand, not so much. I am thinking over the kids fall break for 4 days, 3 nights. So we shall see. Hmmm...sounds like I should set up a separate vacation savings account.
Hope you are all having a great New Year!!!